Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Teaching since 1997
Guitar, Clarinet, Piano, Cello, Mandolin
Technical music of all genres and styles
Guitar, Music Theory
Dream Theatre, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Guthrie Govan, Steve Morse, Sonny Landreth, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Sister Hazel, Tuck Andress
Guitar Player Magazine "Guitar Hero 2007" finalist, "Bye Bye Birdie" (pit orchestra guitar), Heathrow and Winter Park Art Festivals, Jemfest, Various Performances w/ String Theory
rock, blues, funk, metal, country, jazz, finger-style, slide, guitar
About Christopher Peters
Learning the guitar has been one of the most rewarding and fulfilling endeavors in my life, and I hope it will be for you as well. My teaching philosophy is the same today as it was in 1997 (when my career began): my mission is to endow students with the tools to play anything that inspires them.
I believe in the concept of textbook correct technical fundamentals and theoretical knowledge; a musician with proper technique and music theory will not be artistically stifled by physical or mental limitations. I develop proprietary exercises, to address the student’s specific needs, rather than relying solely on off the shelf resources. This permits lessons to be flexible and adaptable.
I also believe in real world application of knowledge. I encourage students to provide a wish list of songs (they would like to play), so they can experience how their acquired technique and theory facilitates learning songs; after all, mastering an instrument is pointless unless you can put this knowledge to good use, learning music you love.
If you have the drive and desire to master your craft, I can help you achieve your goals, regardless of age, musical preference, experience, or ability. I look forward to working with you. Thanks.
- 17 years combined study with Michael Kramer (piano) and David Hopwood (guitar)
- Private instruction to students of all ages, styles, and abilities, since 1997; Seminole State College applied music adjunct professor (guitar) 2007 – 2010.
- Studio session work (TV, commercials, video games, multimedia projects, songs) for clients such as Disney, Universal Studios, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Billy Graham Ministries, Yanni, Silicon Optix, Activision, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Wright Entertainment Group, Dexter Redding, “The Wurms” and others.
- Guitar Player Magazine 2007 “Guitar Hero” competition finalist (not the video game).
- DiMarzio pickups endorsee
- Live performance, including pit orchestra for “Bye Bye Birdie” and “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat”, Jemfest, Winter Park and Heathrow art festivals, and various other live performances.
All of our music lesson instructors have background checks, and are community certified. We only recruit professional instructors with exceptional knowlege in music, theory, and with a wide range of music styles. We are your local Orlando Music Store with everthing you need. Our lesson rooms have glass windows so you can see the progress of your students as they are taking their lesson. Your musicians can take lessons in a clean, safe, and fun environment. Private music lessons are prefered by most band directors as well. What we do at Music & Arts helps to reinforce what your students are learning in school.
Chris teaches guitar lessons at both our Orlando-Millenia and Sanford locations.
Call us today!
Click on the link below to follow us on Facebook.