About Allan Namery
Get to know Allan Namery
- Allan Namery has been performing with his group, Jazz Focus, since 1977 in festivals, colleges, and top New York/New Jersey clubs
- Allan received eight highly coveted NEA awards in performance, study, and as artist in residence
- Formal education includes BA from Berklee and MA in jazz studies from Rutgers
- Private study with jazz masters George Coleman, Phil Woods, Kenny Barron, and Eric Kloss among others
- Works with and is respected by many of the finest musicians in the New York area
- Sought after for his saxophone and flute style in live situations as well as recording
- Continues to practice, compose, and lead his ensemble comprising his favorite musical colleagues
- Have also performed with Gloria Estefan, Diana Ross, Marc Anthony, Donna Summer, Dizzy Gillespie, George Coleman, Kenny Barron, and many others.
"My teaching philosophy is to inspire students to attain a higher level of musical understanding and technical ability than when they started with me. Using the many skills I've developed through my own studies and experience I will provide them many of the tools necessary to achieve these goals."