About Len Mumphery
Get to know Len Mumphery
Erlencia Mumphery is a powerhouse vocalist, a dedicated servant leader, and above all--a
worshiper of Jesus Christ. Erlencia was born and raised in Albany, Georgia by Early Lee (late)
and Jacqueline Mumphery. She holds an Associate Degree of Liberal Arts from Abraham
Baldwin Agricultural College, a Bachelor of Music Therapy from Georgia College and State
University, and a Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling from Liberty University.
From an early age, Erlencia was drawn to music. From 2003 to 2006, she was part of the
Dynamic High School Chorale, which toured Chicago, New York, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
Throughout her academic career, Erlencia studied under Dr. Mark Butler (Dougherty
Comprehensive High School), Dr. W. Mullen (Georgia College and State University), Dr. S. Roe
(Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College), Dr. J. Flory (Georgia College and State University), and
Mr. Coats (Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College). As a result, she is a classically-trained
soprano, opera singer, and recitalist--having studied spirituals, art songs, oratorios, and opera
arias. During this time, Erlencia was able to perform dramatic soprano roles but was not limited
to vocal types. She is also well-versed in music theory, vocal jazz improv with big band, vocal
jazz ensemble and competition, and has even performed for the White House, the
Congressional Black Caucus, and Carnegie Hall.
Erlencia has garnered several Superior ratings in All State choral competitions. She has
participated in masterclasses and sung with many composers, including Dr. Mark Butler, Moses
Hogan, Victor Goines, and Richard Smallwood. She’s opened for acts like Tye Tribbett, Tasha
Cobbs Leonard, Todd Galberth, Vashawn Mitchell, Richard Smallwood, Shelly Berg, Sunday
Best winner Joshua Rogers, and the Count Basie Orchestra.
Throughout her career, Erlencia has traveled and performed at several top tier competitions:
- 2004-2006: Auditions and competitions at Florida A&M University (Tallahassee, Florida)
- 2006-2008: Jazz festivals, All State Chorus competitions, Chorus ensemble competitions
- 2006-2010: ABAC Jazz Festival, Gospel Choir
- 2007-2010: Women’s Choir, Chamber Singers, and Jazz Band at Walt Disney World
(Orlando, Florida), Pensacola Jazz Festival, Daytona Beach Jazz Festival, and
Kissimmee Jazz Festival
- 2008-2010: Rhythm and Ribs BBQ Festival (Tifton, Georgia), Georgia Peanut Festival
- 2009: St. Louis Jazz Festival with ABAC Jazz Band (St. Louis, Missouri)
- 2010: Europe Jazz Festival with the GCSU Jazz Band (Various Locations)
- 2010-2013: GANATS Solo Competition, All College Ensemble, GMEA
- 2012: Big Band and Jazz Vocalist State Competition, Georgia College and State
University (Milledgeville, Georgia) - WINNER
Even with her experience, for Erlencia, there’s nothing quite like a home base. Today, she is the
Worship Pastor and Chief of Staff at Encounter Atlanta. She also sings background for Gabriel
Powell and has been featured on several of his projects, including “Nobody Like You,” Long Live Rhema, Against Corona, and Superhero.
In addition to her duties at Encounter, Erlencia gives private guitar and vocal lessons.