About Vic Jones
Get to know Vic Jones
I began teaching in the 1980’s because I knew I would learn a lot and stay challenged in my own progress, and I felt that I should share my gift. Regardless of the many settings and students I’ve been honored to know, FUN is the only approach that truly works and keeps our interest!
Given all the intricacies of this many layered craft that involves both art and science and activates so many of our senses and neurons, it follows that keeping a light heart and happy mind will be most needed when working through the disciplines that are crucial for success in the field. There are a few things I will teach every student with the fundamentals.
- FUN! in the root of FUNdamentals
- We BECOME the metronome! (The device is the tool to train us to get there.)
- 3-P’s 1-Preparation, (get materials together and know what your goals are) 2-Persistence, (stay at it, repeat slowly to begin and sight sing everything) and 3-Patience (Rome wasn’t built in a day!)
- Revel in your achievements and eliminate frustration by employing repetition.
- Always listen to music, attend live performances and absorb the way you and others are moved by it.
- Smile and remember how good it feels to be prepared for your lessons!