Career minded? Goal-Oriented? Looking for a position which rewards you for your hard work and experience? Music & Arts is looking for you! If you would like to combine your passion for music with your excellent work history, Music & Arts is the place for you! We offer the perfect blend of career advancement, compensation and recognition for a job well done in the exciting and growing music instrument industry.
Music & Arts opened for business in 1952 and now operates over 130+ stores throughout the United States. Music & Arts locations are full-line stores featuring band & orchestra instruments, guitars & keyboards, printed music, music lessons, instrument rentals and musical accessories. Our mission is to bring the best in music to families, schools and individuals, while providing the highest level of customer service.
At Johns Creek, we are currently looking for Part-Time Retail Sales Associates. To apply, email your resume to me, TJ, at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Retail Sales Associate Job Description:
Retail Sales Associates are responsible for consistently achieving individual sales goals to support the store's sales and profit objectives, while providing superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generate sales to exceed personal sales goals
- Promote the Music & Arts lesson program
- Create business by networking with teachers/schools, churches, and community organizations
- Develop customer relationships and provide compelling sales presentations based on sales training
- Ability to work as a team in a sales presentation to overcome customers'' objections and close additional sales
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service to each and every customer
- Promote customer loyalty
- Participate in all areas of store''s operation including merchandising, displays, and maintenance
- Maintain store security including: perimeter door keys, register keys and personal alarm code
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement(s) listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and ''people'' skills
- A strong commitment to customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- Knowledge of musical instruments and written music
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years sales, retail, or customer service experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand
- Frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit, climb stairs or a ladder
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; occasionally required to complete tasks outdoors for short periods of time
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and some holidays
- Compliance with company attendance standards