Baltimore's Marching Ravens are holding auditions for musicians, with openings in all sections. The auditoins will be held on Saturday, April 1, 2017. Everyone must go online to pre-register: www.baltimoreravens.com/marchingravens.
You must be 18 years or older to join the Marching Ravens and have a background in reading music and marching.
Why you should consider joining the Marching Ravens:
- It is a paid part time position for all rehearsals, performances, and games. We are paying you to go to a Ravens Game!
- Great seating at all Ravens home games.
- Rehearsals are one night a week on Wednesdays so you do not have to give up your normal life.
- Rehearsals start in the middle of April and goes through the year up to the Super Bowl.
- Performance are 10 Ravens Home games, Parades of July 2nd and July 4th.
- The Band supplies all brass and percussion. Woodwinds have to supply their own.
- Performing in front of eighty thousand fans at Ravens home games plus network TV.
- Performing with a nationally known band... Baltimore's Marching Ravens
- Cost - purchase of a summer uniforn and black marching shoes from the band. That's it.
- There are no dues.
- There are no rental of instrumetns, no rental of a dress uniform.
- Bus transportation to games and events are suppliued by the Baltimore Ravens.
- Gameday lunch is supplied by the Ravens organization. Snacks and drinks supplied through the game.
- Rehearsals are held inside the Baltimore Ravens field house
- On game days, the Marching Ravens perform a pre-game concert, a parade down Ravens Way, pre-game show, playing in the stands, halftimes, 3rd quarter break rotating games with our percussion line, rhythm section of the marching ravens.
- Post Game Concert, post game parade up Ravens Way.
Check out on Nextflix "30 for 30" produced by ESPN, and the episode "The Band That Wouldn't Die", produced and directed by Academy and Emmy Award winner Barry Levinson which documents the band's history staying together twice without a football team and shows what the power music can accomplish.
A published Ravens Yearbook is presented to each band member at the end of the year as a gift along with small gifts throughout the year.
This year, the Marching Ravens will celebrate their 70th Anniversary of continuous operation, founded September 7, 1947 as the Baltimore Colts Marching band. We're looking forward to a fantastic season promoting our heritage in Baltimore professional football.
Please do not hesitate to contact Band President, John Ziemann at 410-491-3778 if you have any questions or concerns. Check out the Baltimore Marching Ravens today!