About Diane Coffin
Get to know Diane Coffin
Education: Began studying violin at the age of 4 with my great uncle (Armand DiCamillo)
who was a member of the Philadelphia Orchestra
BS degree in Music Education 1972. Penn State University
MMED degree in Music Education 1977. Temple University
Administrative Certificate in Education - Trenton State University 1984.
Employment: School District of Philadelphia. 1972-2009 Title: Instrumental Music Teacher.
1) As an itinerant music teacher I serviced 7 schools on a weekly basis providing
lessons to small groups of string students teaching basic technique and string pedagogy
for all string instruments. Grades K-8
2) Developed a Suzuki curriculum and implemented the curriculum for 100 Suzuki violin
students for the Head Start program. Ages 3 and 4.
3) Served on grant writing and curriculum committees.
4) Assisted with coordinating regional festivals which included auditioning and rehearsals.
5) Provided workshops for Head Start teacher staff development.
Settlement Music School - South Philadelphia and Germantown Branches 1974-1979.
Title: String teacher Violin for ages including adults
Private studio in my home servicing Wallingford/Springfield/and Rose Tree Media School districts
Professional Affiliations: Freelance with 2 string quartets - A Touch of Class and the Shrewsbury Quartet
Member of the Lansdowne Symphony Orchestra, Delaware County Symphony,
West Chester Chamber Orchestra, Southeastern Pennsylvania Symphony Orchestra and Sodelo.
In retirement as serving as a teacher assistant, I began a violin program at Mother of Providence
Regional Catholic School serving 30 students.