Meet The Experts
Find an expert nationwide
Example: Bluegrass, Español, Greg
The first Music & Arts Center was located in a small house in Bethesda, MD and run by founder Benjamin O’Brien. When Music & Arts Center opened its doors in 1952, we offered printed music, music lessons, dance lessons, and art supplies. Ben decided shortly after opening his business that he wanted to focus on music to better serve his customers – a decision that remains intact to this day.
Since the 1990s, Music & Arts Center has expanded nationwide through organic growth and a series of acquisitions and mergers with other music dealers. In 2005, Music & Arts joined forces with American Music, a division of Guitar Center, to become the largest band and orchestra instrument retailer in the United States.
Still run by the O’Brien family, Music & Arts Center now comprises close to 500 retail and affiliate locations and over 100 educational representatives nationwide. Now based in Frederick, MD, the company of trained musicians offers friendly service and everything musical for students, parents, and educators, including instruments, lessons, music books and accessories, rentals and repairs.
Music & Arts Center is designed to provide the most comprehensive offerings for student musicians and music educators. Our goal is to create the best possible multichannel experience for our customers. As a result of this, Music & Arts Center has earned notoriety as:
- The nation’s largest lesson provider, with over 1.25 Million private lessons taught each year
- The largest provider of instrument rentals, with more than 200,000 instruments rented annually
- The largest school music dealer, serving more than 5000 schools nationwide
- The largest fleet of outbound salespeople, with over 100 educational representatives visiting schools
- The largest provider of B&O repair services, with more than 75 repair shops in service across the country
Our Vision: To excite people about playing music, teaching music, and supporting musicians and their passion for music
Our Mission: To be the music retailer of choice for student musicians and music educators