Violin, Piano, Viola
Elena Shekhonina is a music educator with more than 40 years’ experience, practicing music performer with more than 40 years’ experience, and a juror of music competitions for more than 15 years. Elena works with the students of all age groups including students with disabilities.
- College of Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory, BM
- Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory, MM and MMED with two majors in performance (violin and viola) and theory and composition.
- Munich University of Music and Theater (Hochschule für Musik und Theater München), focusing on Bach heritage and piano performance, post-graduate study.
- University of Maryland, MM in piano pedagogue and psychological aspects of music education.
- Winner of international competitions in Prague, Czechoslovakia, 1973
- Winner of international competitions in Mons, Belgium, 1978
- Soloist at MosConcert (the orchestra of the government of Moscow, Russia) and a soloist at Brandenburger Theater Orchestra (Brandenburger Symphoniker), Germany.
- With orchestras performed on tours all over Europe.
- Participated many chamber orchestras and ensembles in Russia, Europe and in the US
- Music teacher at Dunayevsky School in Moscow and many public music schools in Russia.
- Teacher in many music schools in Maryland, USA, including Hope Chinese School, Music & Arts Centers (more than 15 years).
- Judge of Gaithersburg Music Competition (head of the string department) for more than 10 years. Juror at many local and international competitions.
- As a recital manager and a creative director, conducted several dozens of recitals here in the US, multiple performances in theaters and on TV back in Russia.