Teaches Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, Tuba, French Horn, Oboe, Saxophone, Clarinet
"Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything" - Plato
Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, Tuba, French Horn, Oboe, Saxophone, Clarinet
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
1 - Nationally certified music technology instructor for TI:ME (Technology Institute for Music Education)
2 - National and international jazz studies specialist since 1970 with emphasis in combo improvisation and instrumental jazz including strings.
3 - 600+ feature articles in national/international music education journals since 1973.
4 - Music technology columnist for "School Band & Orchestra" magazine since 1998 to present.
5 - Distant-learning as a video conferencing specialist since 2006.
6 - College admissions and scholarship coach for music education majors.
7 - Successful public school teacher for 43 years in instrumental music and computer technology.
8 - B.M., M.M., Ph.D. degrees in music education
9 - Jazz and technology clinician in Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Chile, Poland, Switzerland, Hawaii, and China.
10 - Membership in Jazz Education Network. Technology Institute for Music Education and International Association of Schools of Jazz.
Magical Formula for Studio Teaching!
While the private music instruction should focus on a suitable method book for long-term growth, there are other creative ingredients that can also benefit and enhance your child's musical development in accomplishments and attitude for home practice!
- Preparation for all-county honor middle and high school band auditions as well as Colorado All-State Band & Jazz Ensemble Auditions
- Contemporary music with Jazz/rock/pop components should also be included.
- Classical solos with piano or CD accompanied for school district solo & ensemble festivals should also be considered.
- Music & Arts even offers a monthly recital on the third Friday evening of every month. In addition, my wife is an accomplished piano accompanist that we could utilize.
- I'd be happy to work on specialty topics with your child especially since I'm nationally known as a jazz educator and a music technologist which works well for both home and studio lessons. Consider the following technology attributes for your consideration that are readily available in today's 21st century market.
Jazz ensemble & improvisation
Arranging & composing
- College auditions for music scholarships
- Music & Arts has just received an order for the most appropriate Christmas music that could be supplemented in our lessons for the upcoming holidays. See Beau, Mitch, Elizabeth or other sales people for these books to implement in our lessons so I begin supplementing the instruction ASAP.
- Collaboration of including school music assignments for upcoming school music concerts.
One thing that helps to clearly sets me apart from other private teachers, is that will assertively make an effort to makeup all lessons in a timely manner regardless of the reason for a missed lesson because regularity is an essential ingredient for both short and long-term success of private lessons.
A successful public school music educator for 43 years, Dr. Kuzmich is a difference-maker in reaching out to students regardless of their learning styles, musical interests and talents. As a successful high school band director of 25 years, he brings a wealth of teaching expertise and experiences to enhance his music studio teaching. In particular, John networks particularly well with music publishers so the most pertinent instructional materials are utilized regularly which ultimately results in developing quite a curriculum–base for students at all levels of instruction.
As a music technology columnist, there are more than 200+ published feature articles presently on-line at www.kuzmich.com/bibliograhy.html. His academic background also includes a Ph.D. in comprehensive musicianship. As a freelance author, he has more than 800 nationally published articles which are linked to national music journals at www.kuzmich.com/articles.html and three five jazz pedagogy textbooks to his credits at: http://www.kuzmich.com/jazzbooks.html.
As a clinician, Dr. Kuzmich has been an international guest clinician on five continents throughout the U.S., Asia, Europe, Australia, and South America. As a retired music educator of the past seven years, John has traveled and taught more internationally. For example in 2012, he guest presented in Lucerne, Switzerland, Donetsk, Ukraine and Warsaw, Poland. For the entire 2012-2013 school year, he taught at Shandong University in Jinan, China
John has also been a senior editor of three national music educator journals (Jazz Educators Journal, American Suzuki Journal and The Instrumentalist) for nearly 20 years, and is well aware of the needs of classroom music teachers. For more info, visit John's social media and professional web sites cited below.