"The drum is the heart of the music ."
Matthew Adams has been playing percussion since the age of 9. He performs and teaches in many genres including solo marimba, drumset (all styles), and concert/orchestral percussion. Adams teaches all levels and ages of students, ranging from beginner to advanced.
Adams has taught music majors and non-music majors at colleges and universities for over 15 years. As a coordinator and clinician, he has presented masterclasses in mallet percussion, drumset, and drumline.
Adams’ students have been accepted to prestigious music schools, and many are now pursuing very successful careers as performing musicians, percussion instructors, and directors.
In 2015, Adams left academia to pursue a law degree at St. Mary’s University.
Adams holds the following degrees:
- West Chester University University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Music Education
- University of North Texas
- Master of Music in Music Performance with Related Field in Musicology
- St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence