Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, All
Jazz, Improvisation, Composing, Ear Training, Creativity Development
Piano, Jazz Improvisation
About Suzanne Grosvenor
- Understanding how music works; understanding music from the inside out.
- Learning to improvise in the styles of your favorite composers.
- Playing by ear
- Composing, Arranging, Songwriting: Hearing and writing your own music.
- Playing from a lead sheet. Understanding chords, scales, modes.
- Writing your own chord charts.
- Pop, rock, blues, boogie, country, soul music, New Orleans piano, stride piano, new age relaxation and therapeutic music.
- Music Theory
- Music Notation. Learn to notate music accurately.
- Accompanying yourself, another vocalist or instrumentalist.
- Discovering a deeper sense of who you are while developing the music in you.
- Therapeutic music: What makes music healing?
- Suzanne wrote a Top 40 hit called "You Can't Stop Her" in her 20s.
- With her band 20/20, was the opening act for David Byrne and the Talking Heads.
- Her album Lantern in the Window made it to the Top 30 Hotlists of alternative music radio.
- Appeared on a CD alongside David Lanz, Eric Tingstad, George Winston and William Ackerman.
- Was a touring musician for 5 years.
- Performed solo piano in concert at Sun Valley Music Camp, Idaho.
- Presented a solo concert at Beall Hall at the University of Oregon.
- Does improvisational Home Piano Concerts.